.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Cooler days and busy schedules

Good news! Its finally starting to cool off here. Days are now just mildly hot (running to the 110's) as opposed to oppressively scorching! Relief is in sight! If we can just make it through
the next month or so, it will get downright chilly with high's in the 80s or so... I shiver just thinking about it!

Well, we've been kept pretty busy, often running a total of about 5+ missions a day (of all the units here) so we are all often too busy to do much more than just say hi to the folks back home before collapsing into bed.

This schedule will quite likely last until after the elections late next month. Hopefully then we will ratchet off the pressure a lil...

Back home, school has started...and I think often of my students (and though I am not there...I still see them as mine...)

To all of my students that read this...I miss you guys, and want you to work as hard for your new teacher's as you did for me...harder in some cases! (You know who you are!) Treat them with the respect you showed me last year, and do what is right. I miss you, and pray for all of you. Good luck and see you next year!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY MR. R!!! Yes, our History teacher is nice...he likes swords and stuff too...we miss you so much, though... *hugs*

19 August, 2005 23:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I have to inform you about the aggies football.... never mind that just take care & god bless you & thanks for fighting for our freedom. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 August, 2005 19:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home