.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Thoughts From a Darkened Tower

Ya know, when you sit in a dark guard tower for hours by yourself, many thoughts pass through your head. Many of my thoughts tonight focused on my life...where I've been...where I am...where I will go...not just physically, but mentally, emotionally...

I wonder mostly what changes this year will render in me. I know that depends on what experiences that I face here. Combat frightens me...not the thought of actually being in combat, but afterwards. I am not so scared of being shot at...but at the thought of having to take another's life. It...is an immense burden...I think...I don't know, and hopefully never will.

I have no doubt in my mind that faced with a situation that requires action, that I will take it...and face the consequences later.

That should make my already somewhat fractured personality so much more interesting, neh?

Well...its late, and I have been deliberately obfuscatory enough for tonight.

Take care all, and have a good summer!

Mik

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

^.^ Hay I havent been to your site in a while i just wanted to ask how the weather is up there..and tell u 2 take care..and thinkin can be harmfull..(2 much that is)..im a 8th grader YEA! lol.. i miss u bunchex
Nikki

11 June, 2005 06:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home