.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Monday, March 07, 2005

Sound Boots and Saddles...grab your gear and mount up!

The day is here...I report for training to prepare for an overseas assignment...it is 1 AM and I am still not packed...all my gear is strewn all across our livingroom.

The house is still, the Beloved Spouse and all the Saintly Children are asleep...I walk from room to room gazing on their peaceful repose...I will miss them...more than I can ever express...

And yet...I feel a peace about leaving...one that I could not have felt had this moment come three years ago. For that...for not being able to leave then...I will be forever grateful.

In these last three years I have rediscovered my family...and recentered our relationship...with God, with each other and with the outside world...and I thank God, every day, that I did not lose this...that I was able to find myself again...in my own home...even though I am now preparing to leave this house...my heart will still be here...home...always.

Gotta pack...

God bless!

Mik, out

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad too. There's no other way this could have worked out so brilliantly for us all.
Be Safe.

07 March, 2005 17:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That you can put the torrid past behind you and are happy in the moment is commendable, Cinnamon. You are one strong woman.

09 March, 2005 00:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home