.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Friday, February 25, 2005

Last Day

Well...today was the last day. Said goodbye to the students, now I get one more week with the family...and then...

Then training up to my eyeballs everyday.

But that is not for another week...for now, finish out this day at work and pack up my classroom, then spend the next week getting my family settled in our new house.

That is enough for me to think about for now. The next few months and year will look after themselves in time.

Mik, out

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gona miss two years wiil feel like for ever. Darian AKA that is peanut oil

25 February, 2005 22:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know I was right about the fact that someday you'd make a great teacher.
Good Luck this next year. You and yours will be in my prayers.

25 February, 2005 23:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

26 February, 2005 02:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got bored so I made a poem for you to remember us in afghanistan

When you walk that Afghan soil,
Remember Darian and peanut oil,
If that doesn't work wonder how,
Nikki thought of a "Stoner Cow",
When your tired and eating supper,
Remember Santa Anna burning rubber,

We all miss you and do think that you would of been the best 8th grade social studies teacher there was,but we can't wait to see you in May!

By the way I hoped you liked the poem I made it up as I went.

28 February, 2005 01:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA I love your poem John.

28 February, 2005 01:35  
Blogger Mik said...

John,

Great poem!!!

Guys, its been great being your teacher! Thanks for all the comments! Keep 'em coming!!!

God bless!

Mr. R

28 February, 2005 18:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home