.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Camels and Cameras

This is a post that I have been meaning to write since before I left on leave in Jan. Unfortunately, I never quite got around to it....so here goes...

It has been my experience that it is nigh impossible for me to get pictures of camels. This seems to break down into 3 main reasons. 1) The camels are too far away. With the disposable cameras that I have had up to this point, this would result in a panoramic picture with indistinct, possibly camel shaped dots in it. 2) The camels are obscured. This often happens when we are travelling, and the picture is either blurred by speed or the dust thrown up by our vehicles hides the camels. 3) I don't have my camera. When this is the case, we will invariably pass, at low speed and close range, a camel caravan that is gorgeously beribboned or a nomad group travelling with their worldly possessions on camel-back.

I had hoped that my bringing a digital camera back from leave with me would help to rectify this situation, but unfortunately this has not yet happened...

Stay tuned!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home