.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Cushy Jobs and practical jokes

We have a person here that is responsible for drawing the money that the PRT uses to pay locals, as well as money for projects. He travels a lot, gone for a week or more at a time to the larger bases. Cushy job, almost always in places with a lot of happy things like PXs, Burger Kings, etc... Well he wants an assistant. And I was told that I was it. Sounds like a great job, right? No more patrols into Indian Country, no more tower duty...

So tell me why the thought of being his assistant irritates the crud outta me?

Crazy, huh? But true, nonetheless...I cannot abide the thought of leaving my squad to go play accountant. Luckily for me...(and for some of them as well!!!) they were just joking...

I should have known when I went to talk to the finance guy and he knew nothing about it....
and as far as I know...the joke is now on him, cos he thinks he has his assistant!

Anyhow...I have read about guys that never wanted to leave their units...and now I understand them...

Mik

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home