.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Raring To Go

Following elements of the 112th Armor as they serve in Afghanistan.

Blogroll Me!
Name:
Location: East Texas, Texas, United States

Civilian Teacher of social studies, military infantryman/tanker and soon to be MP (blech)

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Alerts...and introductions

Howdy all...

A lil bit about me....

I'm a teacher in a small public school (K-8) in East Texas. I teach social studies to the students in grades 6-8. Life is pretty good there, but it looks that life may be turned upside down in a couple of months.

Ya see, I'm also a member of the 112th Armor Regiment of the 36th Infantry Division in the Texas Army National Guard, and last night we received a warning order for a possible deployment.

Now for the concerns of OPSEC (operational security) I cannot specify what unit or where we are deploying, but it is outside of the CONUS (continental US).

Not sure, exactly how I feel about this...one one hand, I am a Soldier...and while my soul belongs to my God, and my heart to my wife and family....Uncle Sugar owns my body...and apparently he has decided that he needs it somewhere else.

So...I face an interesting mixture of fear, reluctance, stress, excitement and happiness...It would be too hard to break it all down....

Well...I want to keep this blog as a record of what is happening with me and my unit, and will see if others from my unit wish to post here as well...to make it kind of a unit blog....

More to come...as well as links and other stuff...once I figure out all the settings and whatnot...

Mik, out

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home